Date(s) - 19/10/2022
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Trainer: Steve Dunne FPRCA
Format: This training will be carried out online in a webinar setting. Attendees will not be able to have their laptops, camera, and microphones on during the session.
If a webinar begins after 20:00, PRCA APAC will send you a copy of the webinar recording within 24-48 hours.
With MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website reaching 229 million monthly global unique browsers and with the Huffington Post generating over one million comments on its site a month there is no doubt about it – online news is more popular than traditional newspapers.
Add into the mix the Independent become the first national newspaper title to move to a digital-only future accompanied by a plethoria of magazines and media titles beefing up their digital offering and it’s plain to see – gaining coverage in the digital media is a vital skill set for any PR professional.
The demands of the digital media are different to the traditional channels. Digital age journalists have very different needs for their stories. Word counts, sound, movement and the way the reader takes on content has changed the game completely.
How attendees will benefit?
Attendees will gain an understanding in:
- What’s out there in media websites and how they differ from their offline sisters.
- The different demands of some of the key players
- How a digital media platform works
- Timings and formats and the best times to “sell in” your content.
- The key ingredients for a story that will appeal to a digital journalist.
- Typical word counts for news releases and how to write digital news releases
- Using sound files with your story
- Using visuals in video and infographic formats to gain greater screen estate
- How to get backlinks from your content on targeted media to your website
- Making the most of the comments section and harnessing the readers natural traction.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at account executives and account managers who would like to develop the skills and knowledge to increase coverage for their company or client in the digital media.
By confirming this booking, you are accepting the PRCA APAC Terms and Conditions.
Bookings are closed for this event.