About PRCA CPD
CPD, or Continuous Professional Development, is the process by which practitioners build skills and deepen knowledge. It is a structured way of continuously reviewing competencies; seeking out best practice; acquiring new tools, techniques and theories; and sharing knowledge.
You will have until the 30th September each year to achieve 160 points to successfully complete the programme. Points can NOT be carried over to following years, which begin 01/10.
A maximum of 40 points each can logged on the following activities:
- Reading, writing and reviewing
- Committee or Group work
This is to encourage users to develop a broad portfolio of CPD activities, focused on maximising development outcomes. There is no limit for ‘Training’ events/activities. 10 points must also be obtained through a PR/Communications ethics event or training (face to face or webinar) (such as the PRCA ‘Ethics in PR and Communications’ course).
Why choose PRCA CPD?
- PRCA CPD is open to all, whether you are a member or not; is free to participate in and has development options for every budget and career level.
- The PRCA’s training can be used to contribute to the CPD programme along with our events. These activities are constantly updated to ensure they do not become out-dated or obsolete, so we are at the forefront of the industry.
- We recognise that the PRCA does not have a monopoly on excellent training, events, or other career development opportunities. Therefore, the PRCA CPD Programme is open to all employers, all membership bodes, all training providers, and all other institutions that operate within our industry. We hope that all providers of quality CPD activities will sign up.
- Upon completion you will be provided both a certificate and a logo, for use in email sign-offs, business cards, and other materials. Your achievement will also be noted in PRCA communications.